CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Use only a slightly damp cloth when cleaning the casing.
Too much liquid could mean that it will penetrate the powder cup and cause it to cake. This damage is not covered by the warranty.
Under no circumstance should acid, bases or other strong cleaning agents be used on the SANDMAN™ Futura.
The accuracy of the aluminium oxide jet will in that case be much reduced and this can only be improved by replacing the hand piece with a new. Replacements should be carried out every second year.
Important! When starting up every day please check the following:
- Are there any abnormal sounds when starting?
- Does it take a long time to get the unit up to pressure?
- Is the manometer showing 0 Hpa
- Are the hand piece tips correctly fitted and undamaged.
- Is there any damage to the hand piece hoses?
- Is there aluminium oxide / calcium carbonate powder in the cups?
SANDMAN™ Futura must be connected up to clean, dry and filtered air from the clinic compressor; therefore air should be connected from the external system to the unit behind the throttle// and air filter to the food pedal hose.
If there are too much moisture or impurities in the compressed air, the regulator can be blocked or the powder can cake and thereby block the nozzle tips.
If in doubt, contact your authorities service engineer
A maintenance check should be carried out on the SANDMAN™ Futura every 12 months. A product-authorised engineer should carry out this check.
During this check the following components must be serviced or replaced.
- Hand piece tips / nozzles
- Hand pieces and their hoses.
- Any system leakages
- The stepless function of the foot pedal
- The safety valve pressure control
The SANDMAN™ Futura has been constructed so there are no wearing mechanical parts. Our hand piece is worn only because the movements of the powder flow and should be replaced approx. every 2nd year.
The powder cups are disposable and are therefore replaced when empty.